Deadline to enter: Monday, April 3
Calling SoBo shutterbugs of all ages!
The “I Love SoBo Day” community celebration on May 7, 2023, features the first ever show of photographs by residents of the South Baltimore peninsula.
The theme is “B’more Seen” – your take on the places, people, and experiences that make this city special.
Photos will be on display during SoBo Day on Sunday, May 7, from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the Baltimore Museum of Industry outdoor pavilion (1415 Key Highway).
Prizes will be awarded to three photos selected by our celebrity judge and one People’s Choice winner selected by SoBo Day visitors. The top prize is a $75 gift card to a SoBo eatery of your choice.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Who Can Enter – All residents of the South Baltimore peninsula are eligible to enter, regardless of age. SoBo neighborhoods include Sharp-Leadenhall, Otterbein, Federal Hill, South Baltimore, Riverside, Key Highway, and Locust Point. Space is limited to the first 50 accepted photographers.
Image Guidelines – Photographs submitted must include a recognizable aspect of Baltimore City. Photos can have been taken at any time. Entrants can submit 1 or 2 photographs. Photos must be free of watermarks or signatures.
Submission Requirements – Entries can be submitted from March 1 through April 3. After entries are reviewed for adherence to Contest Rules, participants will be notified by April 10 as to whether their photos have been accepted. Photographers must bring prints of their photos to SoBo Day no later than 9:30 a.m. on May 7 for display and judging.
Photo Prints for Display – Each photograph should be printed on good-quality paper, either 8 ½ x 11 or 8 x 10 inches. Please: No frames or mats! Write the photographer’s name and address and the title of the photo on the back of the print. SoBo Day staff will mount prints to a display board for the show. Prints will not be returned.
Judging and Awards – Our celebrity judge – local artist Crystal Moll of the Crystal Moll Gallery – will review all photos in advance of SoBo Day and select First, Second, and Third Place award winners. Anyone attending SoBo Day can vote for the winner of a People’s Choice Award. All the winners will be announced at the SoBo Day award ceremony at 1:30 p.m.
How to Enter
Entries can be submitted online starting on March 1 at 9 a.m. at this link. Entries can be submitted until April 3 at 5 p.m. or until 50 entries have been accepted into the show.
The following information is required with each entry:
- Home address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Title of your photo
Upload photos as JPEG files (1MB to 5MB preferred) and give each photo a filename that starts with your last name (for example, “SMITH SoBo 2023.jpg”). Your images are provided for review purposes only and will not be displayed in any way prior to the show.
- By submitting an image to the contest, you are attesting that the photo was created solely by you and that you permit the image to be displayed with attribution to you as the creator. You retain all rights, title, and any interest you may have in the image. You are the owner of the image. It is your responsibility to monitor and protect any intellectual property rights you may have in your image. You must obtain model releases as necessary.
- Do not submit an image that (a) violates or infringes upon the rights of others; (b) encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability or violate any law; or (c) includes personally identifying information such as messages, phone numbers, or social security numbers.
- South Baltimore United, Inc. (SBU), the nonprofit sponsor of “I Love SoBo Day” and the SoBo Photo Show, will work with you to protect your rights as the creator and owner of your images. You grant SBU the right to use the image as appropriate in future promotional materials for the organization and to identify you as the creator of the image. If at any time you want SBU to stop using your image and your name, you must contact SBU directly.
- If you are under 18, by entering this contest, you confirm that your parent or legal guardian has agreed to represent your interests in this contest and agreed to all the applicable conditions related to the contest as appropriate.
- Photographers will not receive any compensation from SBU for the use of their images in the show or for the use of your image in any future SBU promotional materials.